Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2016 5:36 PM  #1

Dale Goldhawk quits Zoomer Radio CFZM

Dale said this was his decision.  He's not retiring.  Doesn't know what he's going to do.
Libby will fill in beginning next week; same format.

March 6, 2016 8:46 AM  #2

Re: Dale Goldhawk quits Zoomer Radio CFZM

who needs AM 740 we have KFUN

March 6, 2016 9:52 AM  #3

I used to chuckle whenever he was on the CTV National.    He would present the case for the aggrieved party then Lloyd would ask him, "So, Dale,  did the Lunchbuckets get their money back?" Dale would reply, "Well not yet Lloyd, but we'\re optimistic."   In my recollection he never, ever got the "Lunckbuckets" money  their back or whatever.

I can't get AM740 where I live. Maybe he had a better batting average than he did on TV. I sure hope so!  lol

March 6, 2016 3:50 PM  #4

Mike wrote:

I can't get AM740 where I live

Where DO you live, Mike?   AM 740 is a clear channel.     Pretty hard to escape it no matter how hard one tries

E.

March 6, 2016 5:20 PM  #5

Eldon,

I'd rather not say, but I have often read that 740 is in fact very hard to get;  clear channel or not. Isn't that why they asked for a low power FM signal downtown?

March 6, 2016 5:32 PM  #6

AM 740 is the competition for AM 560 CFOS and AM 800 CJBQ.     Is almost everywhere; Bridgeport being an exception

Downtown T.O. problem was due to being under CN Tower.  Office workers in the bank towers learned this when the Blue Jays went for the W. Series the first time.     AM doesn't work directly under it

Last edited by Eldon (March 6, 2016 5:59 PM)

March 11, 2016 5:23 PM  #7

Faith Goldy was the  host of 'FIGHT BACK MISSES DALE GOLDHAWK' today.

I miss Libby!

March 14, 2016 3:42 PM  #8

Mike wrote:

Eldon, I'd rather not say, but I have often read that 740 is in fact very hard to get

People who have driven around the southern shore of Lake Erie, to Cleveland's Rock and/or Roll Hall of Fame often comment that the most powerful signals there are AM 740 and 1010 CFRB

Last edited by Eldon (March 14, 2016 3:43 PM)

March 14, 2016 4:13 PM  #9

Be that as it may, I STILL can't pick it up where I live!

:D

Board footera