Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2015 1:31 AM  #1

Primo job

Afternoons at CHYM.  Best gig I've seen for a while. 

Also,  Hydro One has a sudden opening.

May 14, 2015 10:42 AM  #2

Re: Primo job

So I guess that means Adele is going to mornings?  

May 16, 2015 3:58 PM  #3

Irvine wrote:

Adele is going to mornings?

She's gone to Sauble for 2-4 weekend (hasn't everyone?)

May 18, 2015 7:58 AM  #4

I mean that if there is an opening for Afternoons, I assume Adele is going to mornings?  Or she's leaving radio to drive a GRT bus maybe?  

May 19, 2015 6:59 AM  #5

Irvine wrote:

leaving radio to drive a GRT bus maybe?

Dead-end job; buses will be sent to Vancouver (as were the trolleys) once LRT is up & running

May 20, 2015 7:23 AM  #6

I can't speak for KW specifically, but most of the trolley system was removed years ago because of the car & tire companies.  They supposedly pumped money into cities so they could rip out the tracks & have people buy cars.  

May 20, 2015 8:01 AM  #7

K-W sold its trolleys to Vancouver in 1973, reportedly because they wanted to expand service to the U. of W. and trolleys were not reliable to climb Bucks Hill, so they were replaced w. diesel    

In Vancouver they were a common site on the relatively-flat east side (E. Hastings and Kingsway, to Boundary Rd) in the 70s + 80s

May 20, 2015 12:55 PM  #8

Maybe they should have called the people in San Francisco to ask them how they climb hills.  They've got a few.  

Most of Vancouver is flat though because it's technically a "delta" in a river of sorts.  There is a bit of hill or least it looks so when I look down toward Denman.  Just to let you know it's nice and sunny today, just a few clouds.  And I'm working at home..not in my housecoat, but my boxers & a blue organic cotton T shirt.  

You guys should crowd fund for a new desk for me, and a 800 Series HP workstation.  

May 20, 2015 3:33 PM  #9

Hi Mark:

As in a Z800?  I want one of those.  In fact I wanted even a Z600.  There's a couple refurbs of a the Z600 nearby, both with 15K rpm SAS twin drives, and one has 12 GB of RAM; the other 16 GB.  Both are dual Xeon Quad Core equipped.  I wanted to run Windows 8.1 x64 on them, but I wanted to make sure that it would run without the UEFI interface.  These both were Bios only.

It's nice here in Toronto too (well, OK Thornhill...lol)

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

May 20, 2015 8:14 PM  #10

Yeah, Z800's.  I beef them up with 64 GB of RAM & a triple monitor combo. I run VMware Workstation on 'em and multiple virtualized workstations for labbing & for testing hacking exploits, pen testing, & sometimes for compiling forsenic data.  Expensive but they're monsters.  

I would prefer a laptop, but I can't find one with that type of juice.  

Board footera