Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2016 4:58 PM  #1

Jesus is Dead!

Or so I thought with all the ball to ball coverage on 640, 740, 1010 and a small mention on CBC Ontario Today (99.1).
-Stafford piggybacking on a caller complaining that journalists are using the word 'dead' is stead of the phrase  'passed away'.   (med time)
-610 was airing CFRB's live coverage from 1-3 instead of delayed programming.  (How CKTB gets away with carrying another city's local programming without violating its CRTC licence is beyond me.)
-Libby is still lost even with a clock.
-and this was WBEN's second top news story throughout the afternoon, interviewing WKBW's Ashley Rowe for her thoughts.

Last edited by GOD HELP US (March 22, 2016 4:59 PM)

March 22, 2016 8:38 PM  #2

Re: Jesus is Dead!

Am I the only one who really, hates the term "passed away"?

When someone dies, they are, in fact, dead.  I don't see the problem with saying that someone is dead or that someone has died.

March 23, 2016 6:36 AM  #3

Toronto people are too self-centred.   K-W radio has never given this much coverage when a local alderman croaked

March 23, 2016 4:44 PM  #4

When Dominic Cardillo died, I thought it was rather touching when they did the drive by of city hall -- which he was not only part of creating, but he campaigned very hard for the pool/skating rink, against the wishes of many councilors.

But yeah, it really did seem kind of low-key.

But just imagine what's going to happen when Hazel McCallion dies.  Then again, she might outlive most of us anyway.  

March 23, 2016 4:56 PM  #5

that's MISTER Cardillo; remembered as one of KCI's toughest PE instructors circa 1960/61

March 23, 2016 6:39 PM  #6

Jesus isn't the only one dead...looks like the SOWNY dictator removed any postings about Rob Fraud's 'passing'.

On the radio it seems that the same people who were against Jack Layton having a state funeral wouldn't mind having one for Rob.  If it went over budget, that would be ironic.  Just put his casket in a subway car on the B/D line and have it ride 'OUT OF SERVICE' all day Monday a la Papa Trudeau.

March 24, 2016 5:56 AM  #7

GOD HELP US wrote:

looks like the SOWNY dictator removed any postings about Rob Fraud's 'passing'

Shame on you.   Respect should be freely given to forum monitors.   As Office Holstein said to John Milner in American Graffiti, "you can't mess with the law"

March 24, 2016 8:23 AM  #8

Re: "passed away".  Odd. Where I live they just say "passed", no "away".  It has always hit my ears wrong since I moved here.

March 24, 2016 5:32 PM  #9

Eldon wrote:

GOD HELP US wrote:

looks like the SOWNY dictator removed any postings about Rob Fraud's 'passing'

Respect should be freely given to forum monitors.    

March 24, 2016 5:40 PM  #10

Did Marie Henein handle his defence?

March 24, 2016 7:31 PM  #11

That may have been the easiest case she's ever had.

March 30, 2016 5:56 PM  #12

Watch for the resurrection on Saturday.

The 'private' funeral was today with tents and large screens.
Enough all ready. 
Contradiction though, callers on talk radio wanted a tougher sentence for Muzzo but excused similar behaviour for Rob's   'disease'.

Board footera