Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2016 5:17 PM  #1

More Corus Cuts...Oh Please More

I hope there are job cuts at 640...it could only improve their on-air talent.

June 25, 2016 1:55 PM  #2

Re: More Corus Cuts...Oh Please More

Don't hold your breath -- Corus is clueless and shouldn't be in the broadcast business.  In Ottawa one of their stations had a huge percentage jump in the last book ... something like 35 percent in some demos.  The actual numbers were still quite small, but what's the word everyone uses these days ad nauseam?  Oh yes, "trending".  They were trending UP in an epic way. Nevertheless the Corus axe fell and some very talented people are out on the street. Not to worry, Bell or Rogers is always looking for talented people. Oh wait ....

They make me sick.

June 26, 2016 2:30 PM  #3

GOD HELP US wrote:

I hope there are job cuts at 640 . . . it could only improve their on-air talent

Who would you cut & who would you promote?

June 28, 2016 4:16 PM  #4

I like Annie Oakley in the morning.

Liza Fromer is out at Global morning.

I never liked her, she always seemed cold.
Bill Carroll always took shots at her on  RB and 640 when she went on maternity leave and decided later not to come back after Bill let other talented people go while she was making up her mind.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2792018/16x9-cancelled-liza-fromer-contract-not-renewed-amid-changes-at-global-news/

June 28, 2016 4:24 PM  #5

GOD HELP US wrote:

Bill Carroll always took shots at her on  RB and 640 when she went on maternity leave and decided later not to come back after Bill let other talented people go

​Bill Carroll was an H.R. manager who terminated talented staff?

June 28, 2016 4:48 PM  #6

Sorry for the misunderstanding, due to time constraints I was in a rush with my last post.

The story goes, Liza had a gig on CFRB when Bill started his morning show.
Liza went on maternity leave and Bill had other people fill in for her.
She said (according to Bill) that she was coming back, hold my job.
She never came back, and the people who filled in for her on a temporary basis left RB under the understanding that she was coming back.
He told this story on air twice, once at RB and once on 640.
I hope this clears things up.

June 29, 2016 5:23 AM  #7

Women in broadcasting should not take a vacation or maternity leave
 some tarty intern from Conestoga College will come in, wiggle her bum, & next thing you know you'll be dialing 905-LOST-JOB

Last edited by M. Lande (June 29, 2016 6:49 AM)

June 29, 2016 1:08 PM  #8

@ M. Lande -- idk why, but the word "tarty" made  me giggle. Some words should be resurrected once in a while and that's one of them IMO.  "Brute" is another.  As in Bugs Bunny saying, "Oh, you BRUTE!!".

Last edited by Mike (June 29, 2016 1:09 PM)

Board footera