Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2017 4:23 PM  #1

A November Not To Remember

Again this year I listened to the Remembrance Day ceremonies on the radio.

Unfortunately, CFMZ 740 only dedicated 7 minutes to R Day, shortening the Garage Guys paid program by 5 minutes, then airing an awful reading of Flanders Field by some cow, followed by a vintage recording of silence.

To make matters worse, right after the reading of Flanders Field, the station accidentally switched to the song "Higher and Higher" in progress for a few seconds.

Things have gone down hill since Goldhawk left.  Where did he go?

November 26, 2017 11:23 AM  #2

Re: A November Not To Remember

Dale Goldhawk!  lol  The man who never ONCE (that I remember) resolved a problem.

His CTV segments were uproariously funny:

Lloyd Roberston:  So instead of concrete, the Smiths discovered that the contractors had poured Jello in the driveway?  
Goldhawk: Yes, that's right Lloyd.
Lloyd: So you had no trouble getting their money back and a new, concrete,  driveway for the Smiths at the original contractor's  expense. 
Goldhawk: Well, actually no.  We're going to wait to see if the Jello sets.

Goldhawk fights back me arse!

November 27, 2017 10:37 AM  #3

Exidor wrote:

CFMZ 740 only dedicated 7 minutes to R Day, shortening the Garage Guys paid program by 5 minutes   

Are you a regular listener to "Dave's Corner Garage" with Dave Redinger and Alan Gelmon, Saturdays 10 - 11:a.m.?      Silly question, isn't everyone?

E.

November 30, 2017 7:54 PM  #4

No I am not a regular listener to that show, I try to keep away from paid programming, talking everything they recommend with a grain of Epsom salt.

December 1, 2017 10:37 AM  #5

What radio programming at 10:00 a.m. Saturdays is preferable, while soaking one's feet in Epsom salts?

December 1, 2017 11:29 AM  #6

I'm not a huge fan of the CBC, but "Day 6", which airs Saturday mornings at 10 am, is one of the few shows I like on the taxpayer bloated - er, I mean, funded - network.

Day 6  

Board footera