Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2018 5:12 PM  #1

Remember Where You Heard It First...

CFTR 680 News was the first to break with the verdict in the 'Gas Plant Trial' at 14:21.  CFRB, 'The Breaking News Station' didn't bother breaking into national programming, they waited until 15:30 with "this just in" nine minutes later.  In third place was CFMJ a minute later; Kelly was busy singing.

January 20, 2018 12:53 AM  #2

Re: Remember Where You Heard It First...

I take your point, Exidor. So that makes one. Plus you is 2. And that's about it... aside from the very few others who care.  And they aren't in the Business anymore. So who cares  that they care? Approximately nobody.  That doesn't mean we and the others who care are wrong. Again,  nobody cares that we care. (OK, enough with the "care" shit!)

About 2 weeks ago I entered  the lunch room  in  my non-Radio job. CBC NW was on, probably still on from when  I had tuned it in earlier that day. The Joshua Boyle story had broken in the interim.  I didn't know because .. well I just didn't know. When I saw the graphic I exclaimed, "Holy shit!"  The 2 or 3 other people in the room looked up from their so-called Smart Phones and said something like, "Huh?"   I said, "Joshua Boyle has been charged with all kinds of shit!"  Their eyes glazed over and they went  back to their phones. They didn't know the backstory, they didn't know the current story and they didn't (here's that word again) care. 

And they are not alone. WE are the ones who are alone!

So when you take a stop watch to time who breaks news and when... alas when  the hoi polloi don't know and don't care about the news, they sure as fuck don't care about who broke the news first.

Sigh.

Last edited by Mike (January 20, 2018 1:08 AM)

January 25, 2018 6:24 PM  #3

Again, CFRB didn't pre-empt the conspiracy show to announce that Mr. Brown was preparing his resignation.  In fact no coverage after 11:30 p.m.

It is amazing how the allegation stories get edited/revised each time a radiohead repeats it.  It was funny how Jimberly gave a very abbreviated version just before the 1:00 p.m. break today.  "She said he laid on top of her, then told him she had a boyfriend, then drove her home."  I can't stop laughing.  

But it's sad that just an allegation can bring somebody down.

אסטרוגן זה הקריפטונייט חדש

Last edited by Exidor (January 25, 2018 6:25 PM)

January 26, 2018 6:06 PM  #4

And it happened again.  Today CBC Radio One was first to report Uncle Vic was to become the partly conservative leader of Wyntario, followed by AM 640 one minute later, then AM 740 two minutes later, then CFRB waited until 12:30 after commercials for what they called "breaking news".  Remember where you heard it first.  As for 680...I don't know.

Kudos to CBC Ontario Today for an unusual balanced discussion on Patrick Brown.  I along with another family member decided independently that we're not voting PC for al long time, and a lot of callers identifying themselves as long time PC voters on the radio are saying the same thing.  That party is wicked...but what do you expect they gave us Lyin Bryan and his three daughters and there's no escaping.   Can't wait for a woman to make an accusation against Uncle Vic.

Last edited by Exidor (January 26, 2018 6:07 PM)

January 28, 2018 3:12 PM  #5

What goes around comes around...

January 29, 2018 5:13 PM  #6

Above I posted....Can't wait for a woman to make an accusation against Uncle Vic.
http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/ontario-pc-party-president-rick-dykstra-resigns-after-sexual-assault-accusation/

Board footera