Kitchener-Waterloo/Guelph/London/Hamilton Radio & Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2018 5:24 PM  #1

Odds & Ends

◊  Brian Ross has been re-assigned (demoted) to "long term projects" with a co-reporter babe, no more breaking news stories or anything related to President Trump.  ◊  More men in the business have been accused of sexual misconduct.  I don't feel comfortable with mentioning their names as these are only allegations.  On top in Pittsburgh for the ninth month in a row - classic hits-oldies WWSW 94.5.  In most markets contemporary rock is at number one.  I am amazed how in some cities formats rank differently.  What does this say about Pittsburgh?   ◊  Jerry Agar on Thursday mentioned Global News twice during a segment about being on iced covered bodies of water.  He pondered whether it was romantic than asked if anyone has ever gone ice fishing.   Another Brokeback moment.  ◊  John Moore is growing a beard.  ◊  A two minute delay really comes in handy for Rush Limbaugh.  He had to dump (another call) in December but the transition wasn't smooth.  I've notice he recently has trouble reading the program clock; it's ironic that one of his reading commercials was interrupted for the bottom of the hour break.  

January 16, 2018 6:25 PM  #2

Re: Odds & Ends

I often hear Jerry Agar (yes I am listening to CFRB a bit) prior to going to traffic at :15 and :45 saying, "coming up in the news at...", and what ever story he says, it's not mentioned during the next newscast.

Today at 10:15 he mentioned the story of another false missal warning, "details at 10:30".  No mention at 10:30. 

February 7, 2018 7:48 PM  #3

On Thursday, February 8, 980 CFPL along with 1031 Fresh RadioFM96, and Country 104 will be kicking off our fourth annual Corus Radiothon for Children’s!

February 9, 2018 7:16 PM  #4

Yesterday on The Rush Limbaugh Show Rush replying to a caller from Toronto said  "I've never been to Toronto...always wanted to go..."  Do you think we should warn him ahead of time?  ◊  WIVB Anchor-Reporter Nalina Shapiro Leaving  WHEC Rochester Wins 11 P.M. With Unknown Anchors  Why hasn't this worked with Global News?  They're still unknown.  ◊ After missing Roy Greene's show last weekend, expect Christine Elliot (the woman who loved her husband so mush she didn't take his last name) to go on his show this weekend.

February 12, 2018 6:03 PM  #5

◊  Peter Shurman will fill in for Stafford next Tuesday and Wednesday [scheduled].  ◊  Caroline Mulroney will be on Roy Green's Show Saturday [scheduled].  Footnote:  she was on the Phil Donahue Show as a member of the studio audience with notation from Phil reading a cue-card.  If anybody has any video of this-please post; I think the topic was [i]gay nuns on dope.  [/i]◊  Actor Reg Cathey died at age 59.  The reason why I mention this is to ask why is the TV media airing video of him with Kevin Spacey?  Isn't there any other video they could use?    NBC analyst Joshua Cooper Ramo described Japan as “a country which occupied Korea from 1910 to 1945, but every Korean will tell you that Japan is a cultural, technological and economic example that has been so important to their own transformation.”  NBC Apologizes After Japan Comment Draws Anger in South Korea. 

February 13, 2018 7:42 PM  #6

The perky Katie Couric claimed during the opening ceremony of the Pyeongchang Olympics that the success of speed skaters from Holland came because they use frozen canals as a means of transportation.
"For as long as those canals have existed, the Dutch have skated on them to get from place to place, to race each other and also to have fun," she said.
  And the success of pitchers from Latin America came because they practiced using grenades.

Board footera