Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2016 1:59 PM  #1

Oh, Netflix can try!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-crackdown-1.3440348

So, this electronic battle is on? Good luck to them. Meanwhile, most people will bypass these "security" systems!

February 10, 2016 3:23 PM  #2

Re: Oh, Netflix can try!

Personally I have trouble imaging this sudden change in policy is a Netflix thing. I think it's a major push from the content creators & copyright people.  Last year Netflix gave 0 fucks.  And hardly a surprise if it is. The "music/film/tv" industry are the only industry that actually punishes people who WANT to PAY for their product.  These people using VPN's, etc aren't stealing product.  They're willingly PAYING for it.  It's just continued arrogance from a industry that needs to get beaten up a little bit more.  

And the big machine is started. I  read recently a VPN service in Canada whose crime is allowing Canadian's to watch American Netflix was blacklisted by Paypal.  Excuse me?  White hate & other radicalized groups can use Paypal.  Clearly someone wanting to watch American TV in Canada is more of a villain than someone advocating "death to all n******".  

I guess Paypal has has a short memory . They tried the same thing with Wikileaks.  The result was, at the time, a monster DDoS wiped them offline for nearly a week.  In today's botnet free for all that could go on for much longer.  

Last edited by quadcities (February 12, 2016 10:27 PM)

February 12, 2016 10:26 PM  #3

Hathaway wrote:

"death to all n******"

Don't do that again, please.

February 13, 2016 1:17 PM  #4

Actually Mod, I'm done here at this forum so do me a favour and ban "Hathaway' permanently.  Don't worry, I won't use my magic hacker wizardry to bypass your secure and re-register. 

You may not like strong language on your forum and that's your prerogative. But that doesn't take away from the hypocrisy of all of this.  Do you even get the precedent this sets?  Paypal is more than happy to cater to the whims of big business by blocking donations, funding etc.  Yet funding groups who openly advocate violence against others is fine?  Would it be so fine if you were a target Mod?  I don't get any of you people who just can't see the "bad news".  If you want to whitewash your life do so but I'm not adhering to the rules.  When you don't see the "real ugly" you become like the rest of society busy recreational shopping or hoping for "Hollywood" news on the morning show. 

Ban me. Immediately. 

February 13, 2016 2:57 PM  #5

Well, that escalated rather quickly.

February 13, 2016 4:59 PM  #6

Mike wrote:

Well, that escalated rather quickly.

LMAO! 

February 13, 2016 5:03 PM  #7

Hathaway wrote:

You may not like strong language on your forum and that's your prerogative.

Pick another word, Hathaway. It won't dilute your point. Repeatedly dropping N-bombs isn't even cool in hip hop anymore.

February 13, 2016 8:49 PM  #8

So here's what you allowed to be posted last week by some variant of Fausto:

"If I wanted to be a part of an incestuous group, I'd go to Kentucky."

You get bent out of shape when Hathaway posts what he did, yet you did nothing about this post.  I don't give a damn if you ban me or not after my first post--I've lurked this board for years--you're having your hand called by more than one person now.

February 13, 2016 8:53 PM  #9

SoutheastPoster wrote:

You get bent out of shape when Hathaway posts what he did, yet you did nothing about this post.  I don't give a damn if you ban me or not after my first post--I've lurked this board for years--you're having your hand called by more than one person now.

Your whining would pair well with cheese.

February 13, 2016 9:52 PM  #10

quadcities wrote:

SoutheastPoster wrote:

Your whining comes because of the sound of an ax grinding.

February 14, 2016 12:21 AM  #11

quadcities wrote:

SoutheastPoster wrote:

don't drag me into this.

Board footera