Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2015 8:39 PM  #1

Happy Easter!

Maybe at long last the winter of our discontent is over!

April 3, 2015 8:03 AM  #2

Re: Happy Easter!

And as the gal on 570 News says "call us hands-free if you spot a traffic problem".     Did you catch that, Jody Thornton?   

HANDS FREE 

April 3, 2015 8:41 AM  #3

I've never asked anyone to call while driving, if that's what you mean?

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

April 3, 2015 10:15 AM  #4

The 570 News gal is terrific.     "If you spot any Canada Geese around Laurel Creek call me HANDS FREE" 

April 3, 2015 11:32 AM  #5

I always get a chuckle at the whole "winter is killing" us thing in Ontario.  You do realize that much of the rest of Canada deals with a winter that's far worse than the one you had this year in Ontario?  If you want to define cold, stand outside in Moose Jaw in January.  Deep snow is something you find in the interior of BC. Hell, even a bad thunderstorm in Ontario has nothing on one in Alberta.  I once had to go after a guy who wiped out his bike near Red Deer in a hail storm.  To get him, I had to wear a hard helmet or I'd have been knocked out.  I got him to my car, which required body work to repair all the dents.  And when I got home I had so many welts on my body it looked like I was abuse.  Shit, Calgary had a guy DROWN in the street during a storm in 2011.  

And, on the topic of traffic, Toronto traffic has nothing on Vancouver.  The largest road in the city is 3 lanes wide. One of those lanes is an HOV so you have 2 lanes. And of course Calgary parking where Sunday at 4 it's hard to find a spot.  If you arrive to a meeting in Calgary at 9 AM, the best thing you can do is drive back hom and take the bus.  

Difference is..people out here seem to take it more in stride.  I don't even think there is a storm centre thing, but then again I don't listen to AM radio much.  

Board footera