Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2015 4:28 PM  #1

RADIO COLLECTIBLE

Due to financial hardship, my Oldies 1090 LOYAL LISTENER card (in perfect condition) is hereby offered to the highest bidder.   It likely was handled by Dave Schneider + Rych Mills at some point (celebrity provenance).    

Bidding closes at noon, Friday, May 8.    What am I bid?

Last edited by Eldon (May 5, 2015 4:31 PM)

May 5, 2015 4:53 PM  #2

Re: RADIO COLLECTIBLE

$0.00.  BTW, I think it's Schnider.  And he's now a politician in Kitchener. 

May 5, 2015 5:15 PM  #3

Irvine wrote:

it's Schnider.  And he's now a politician in Kitchener

Well that brings value w-a-a-a-y up.     Bidding will start at $2

May 5, 2015 5:47 PM  #4

Speaking of Shnider and/or Schneider...

A Canadian girl is on vacation in Berlin.
While walking through town one night, she sees a drunk guy openly taking a leak up against a wall.
Disgusted, she loudly proclaims, "Gross!"
The man turns with a proud smile on his face and says, "Danke!"

May 6, 2015 5:41 AM  #5

I understand that Larry Fine has some "mint condition" (not sure if that means streaked or clean) Oldies 1090 UNDERWEAR.

And, I believe that if no one bids on these items, they'll be relegated to a display case at the Waterloo Regional Museum.

May 6, 2015 6:20 AM  #6

Now that we're clearly in oldies territory I have a serious question.   Experts on that other radio board have opined for years that Oldies s/b transferred to the FM band

Oldies 1090 of Buck's Hill ON moved to FM 99.5 (KFUN) some time ago.   Did it boost listenership?  It sure didn't help overall listenership because Oldies 1090 competed with the likes of Oldies 1150 and 560 CFOS.    Those listeners are gone

May 6, 2015 8:22 AM  #7

Ratings went up a touch but I suspect that's likely because of the move to FM.  And those listeners residing in your neck of the woods are really meaningless to CKKW.  

I've no doubt the station will have a format in the future anyway (along with CFCA).  It's clearly floundering & getting it's ass kicked otherwise.  Like the PC party of Alberta, KOOL FM is "done".  

May 6, 2015 9:02 AM  #8

If your bid is posted in the next 10 minutes we will send you a SECOND oldies 1090 LOYAL LISTENER card; just pay separate postage and handling

May 6, 2015 11:58 AM  #9

Do you have any other Kitchener area promotional material you want to get rid of (ie-stickers, charts, buttons, etc.)?

Last edited by Dan Sys (May 6, 2015 11:58 AM)

May 6, 2015 3:41 PM  #10

a CHYM bumper sticker still mounted on a '64 Chev bumper which is in turn attached to the car; price $45,000 (safetied and e-tested)

May 6, 2015 9:53 PM  #11

@Dan Sys

I've got a photo of myself in the CKKW studio snorting a line of coke off the ass of a hot hooker with a CHYM tattoo.  Is that worth anything?  

Really I'm kidding but the internet is magic sometimes.  

May 7, 2015 7:33 AM  #12

Would that price include shipping to the West Coast?

Board footera