Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2019 6:46 PM  #31

Re: Programming

Jon Pole will fill in for Dave Trafford next week who is filling in for Mary who's having a meltdown.

April 9, 2019 5:12 PM  #32

April 9, 2019 6:34 PM  #33

@ exidor:  Do you enjoy talking to yourself?  Jody had it right, "Have at it."  No one really cares.  Good bye Quad City.

April 9, 2019 9:34 PM  #34

What I get tired of is the whole Mary Tyler Moore references to John Moore.  Or saying he's having a meltdown.  Basically Exidor hates ANYTHING the least bit left-winged, unlike a centrist who sees the best of both sides.  It becomes exhausting to read.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

April 9, 2019 11:19 PM  #35

Enough Already wrote:

@ exidor:  Do you enjoy talking to yourself?  Jody had it right, "Have at it."  No one really cares.  Good bye Quad City.

this board has turned into a pathetic train wreck of one person's exaggerated views.  i tune in as i do to fox news, simply to see what the next level of ridiculous exposition will be achieved.  i depart feeling dirty and less informed than when i arrived, yet i also have a base desire to witness stupidity at work.... as in the success of youtube's fail army.

April 16, 2019 5:54 PM  #36

I recently posted "a certain CFRB personality had a nervous breakdown" and was admonished for reporting it like that.  Was I wrong?  Others may report it as taking an "extended vacation"  but usually when someone is on vacation, they still have access to their email account, contrary to what this person had posted on Twitter April 2:
     I will not have access to my usual e-mail account while on leave. Those who need to reach me have multiple methods all of which I will be negligent about as per my habit.  https://twitter.com/mooreintheam
The 'experts' will continue to fill through Thursday.  https://tunein.com/radio/NEWSTALK-1010-s31141/
[Sidebar:  It sounds like John Downs is dead - his twitter posts don't make sense and his Wikipedia page starts off by saying  "John Downs was a radio reporter and personality" , emphasize 'was'.]

April 18, 2019 9:32 AM  #37

How do you know the individual experienced a nervous breakdown?     Are you his doctor?  

April 18, 2019 5:13 PM  #38

I initially used the term 'meltdown' but I caved to critics and used the term 'nervous breakdown'.

If this CFRB personality needs a good employment lawyer, I hear there's a good one on AM 640. 

April 18, 2019 5:19 PM  #39

Michael Coren's new home is with Jeff McArthur.

April 25, 2019 6:24 PM  #40

Mary's back on Monday...with a new 4 legged partner.
https://twitter.com/mooreintheam

May 9, 2019 6:52 PM  #41

Some people believe that I shouldn't have stated a certain radio personality had a meltdown/breakdown because I'm not a doctor nor did I examine him -- Gold water rule:  The rule applies to public figures and states: “[i]t is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement” .

Keeping that in mind, Doctor Mary this morning diagnosed Donald Trump as being a psychopath.

May 10, 2019 7:04 PM  #42

http://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-1010/shows

Three hours of Todd van der Heydenand Saturday night? 
Lisa Laphlegm works 7 nights a week?

May 11, 2019 5:19 PM  #43

Have you ever heard this guy?   Flat, FLAT, F.L.A.T delivery.  Not so bad on TV where he  has viz, but on Radio he's  piss on a plate. PLUS he has this annoying habit of re-introing his guest unnecessarily. Look, it's an 8 minute segment... tops. A minute to intro and a minute to extro leaves you six. It's is NOT necessary to re-intro the guest at the 3-minute mark!!  This guy does that plus recaps everything that has just been said! Listeners are stupid, apparently, but they're not THAT stupid.

May 16, 2019 6:29 PM  #44

Kitchener-Waterloo/Guelph/London/Hamilton Radio & Media Forum  now has what no other media forum on the Internet has...
...just like WIVB...certified most accurate weather forecast...100% correct...always...guaranteed.

Weather forecast for southern Ontario:
May 18:   High  5 - 22   Low:  6  - 15    50% chance precip  (either it will or won't)
May 19 :  High 5 - 25    Low  6  - 15     50 % chance precip
May 20 :  High 5 - 25    Low  5 -  15     50% chance precip

May 16, 2019 7:03 PM  #45

September 9, 2019 4:04 PM  #46

Apparently Dr. Mary's recent meltdown had affected him so much that he isn't grieving over his dad's passing, just carrying on as nothing has happened.  Ironically he mentioned his father last Friday regarding patient wait times.   

Last edited by Exidor (September 11, 2019 3:25 PM)

September 10, 2019 2:29 PM  #47

It says, "Don't be a dick..."

September 11, 2019 3:30 PM  #48

Mike wrote:

It says, "Don't be a dick..."

I think you're being too harsh on 'you know who'.

Speaking of 'you know who' he said this morning the Mueller report "proves" Donald Trump obstructed justice and Comey "cleared" Hillary.   REALLY?

I hope 'you know who' follows rule #1.

September 11, 2019 3:40 PM  #49

Global and CBC/SRC carried coverage of the election announcement.  CBC had audio troubles, sometimes the English wasn't there, and when it was there they didn't lower the candidate's French level.

Mike Duffy has a gig Fridays on CKNT 960AM during the Marc Patrone show.

October 17, 2019 5:46 PM  #50

Zoomer 740 CFMZ gave a way a trip to Mexico to a listener recently. 
The funny thing is, Libby has often advised her listeners not to travel to Mexico for safety reasons.
(I still like Libby though.)

October 21, 2019 4:04 PM  #51

If you're sad that Warren C_ _ _suckula is gone from Bell Radio, CKNT 960 and CFMZ 740 will have special election coverge.  It will be interesting if his wife Lisa will return to the RB round table.

November 11, 2019 5:49 PM  #52

November 13, 2019 6:26 PM  #53

For the fourth week in a row, the Buffalo market (WUTV) will air a FOX-NFL game announced by Chris Myers and Daryl Johnston.  (WIVB will air New England at Philadelphia at 04:25).  Two great games at once.
https://506sports.com/

Update: CTV airs the Santa Clause Parade at 04:30 p.m.

Last edited by Exidor (November 13, 2019 6:53 PM)

November 13, 2019 6:43 PM  #54

https://twitter.com/wbznightside?lang=en
Nightside with Dan Rae iHeartradio 1030 [not to be confused with Nightside with Barbie on iHeartradio 1010] will discuss Don Cherry.

November 20, 2019 6:21 PM  #55

Strange about this week's NFL coverage, the Buffalo market will air the Giants\Bears game at 13:00, while the Rochester market will air the Seahawks\Eagles game, Erie airs the Dolphin\Browns game.

s.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=12

Board footera