Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2015 9:05 AM  #1

TV coverage: Police funeral

I was in a police station working yesterday and I noticed someone streaming the the funeral of Daniel Woodall. Streaming is generally frowned on and I said "why no TV".  The response was it's not on TV.  Perhaps the person was wrong, but perhaps not.  I could find lots of "streaming live" links, but no mention of actual TV coverage.  

For those of you who are busy shopping & not paying attention to national security, the person who shot the this police officer was a known operative in "white power".  Both the governments of Canada and the United States list violence by these individuals as terrorism.  I haven't read the stats for a bit, but I recall it's the most common type of terrorism on Canadian & American soil.  

I guess major media didn't want to risk the loss of advertising from their prized advertising accounts?  Seeing they were streaming it the infrastructure was already in place.  #StayClassy 

June 18, 2015 10:34 AM  #2

Re: TV coverage: Police funeral

CBC newsworld or whatever its called now started coverage at 11am ET and had the whole ceremony live....

June 18, 2015 7:47 PM  #3

Re: TV coverage: Police funeral

Bell.  They've got time for "Let's Talk" (which, apparently, was a condition of the Astral sale meaning it's not charity but a required commitment).  No airtime for the funeral of a dead police officer.  #Priorities

Board footera