Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2015 4:56 PM  #1

Jingles

It's finally 30 degrees and I'm off. It's been 30 (only) once or twice this year where I live, but I haven't been off, so I went cruising today and I remembered another hot sticky day in Windsor when I first heard the "You" package by TM on WXYZ.  There was  odd way they sang "Detroit" at TOH (and every other city it seems to me.)  I LOVED it.  Still do. Not all of it. The "comin at ya 24. hours. a day" is drek, IMHO, but most of the rest.. wow.  

Summertime. Top down. Radio. Jingles. It's why I got in the business. Even if the jingles at my first station were Pepper/Tanner! lol

July 11, 2015 5:03 PM  #2

Re: Jingles

Side bar -- CKLW should have bought this package but didn't.  I'm sure all the other Drake stations did.

July 11, 2015 7:41 PM  #3

Agreed. A great jingle package can really draw listeners, as long as the music fits.

Too many stations have gone with the same old tired liners/Id's for too long.

July 11, 2015 10:28 PM  #4

I loved this package, although I don't recall it lasting a long time on CHUM, which bought it for the Toronto market. Here's a sample of what made it so great.

July 12, 2015 10:08 AM  #5

Thanks aflem. Another interesting version is for WFYR in Chicago. There are just a couple of cuts on Youtube, but take  a look at the comments... the first one is amusing.

Board footera