Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2015 5:55 PM  #1

CHCH

A couple of times this week I tuned intio CHCH to find it was off the air.  I'm OTA... maybe  cable subscribers get what we call in radio a "board feed" and didn't notice.   

February 1, 2015 3:13 PM  #2

Re: CHCH

Am also a thrifty OTA user and haven't experienced any such problems

Could a flock of Canada Geese from a Grand River golf course be shitting on your antenna?

February 1, 2015 5:57 PM  #3

Canada Geese? No.  But it might be a flock of those what I call "Africanized" lady bugs, as in Africanized (killer) bees.  Tney were imported to eat aphids or something in soy beans.  In the fall they swarm, infesting nearby homes like mine.   They stink, they stain and they BITE, the little bastiches. 

BTW, I'm OTA not because I'm cheap, although the savings are nice, I'm OTA because there's NOTHING .I want to watch on cable.  It was a big  adjustment, but I discovered something really neat --- 2 PBS subcarriers I didn't know existed: "Create"  and "World".  So in effect I have 3 PBS stations. Woo hoo!    Life is good.

February 5, 2015 7:35 PM  #4

CHCH should not have dropped Wheel of Fortune; that Vanna White woman really turns my crank

February 5, 2015 10:01 PM  #5

Overall, CHCH does a great job. They cover news (especially LOCAL) really well. Strong team, very professional. They get it, IMHO. The rest of their day is just enough of a tease to attract an audience. They are Commmunity TV, and I don't think they are trying to fool anyone into thinking that they're anything else.  

Board footera