Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2018 4:46 PM  #31

Re: I Heart Radio

wait, there's  more trouble
iHeart sued in bankruptcy
https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/iHeart-sued-in-bankruptcy-12774041.php

Last edited by Exidor (March 23, 2018 4:47 PM)

March 29, 2018 6:03 PM  #32

April 11, 2018 5:11 PM  #33

Guess what's coming to CFRB...
iHeartRadio Scoops Up Tom Maoli's "Go Big or Go Home" Radio Show
The entrepreneurial themed radio show, "Go Big or Go Home" show will be aired by iHeart bi-monthly and is now also featured on PodCast.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/iheartradio-scoops-up-tom-maolis-go-big-or-go-home-radio-show-300628340.html

Last edited by Exidor (April 11, 2018 5:11 PM)

May 2, 2018 4:52 PM  #34

U.S. Bankruptcy Court Approves Cumulus Plan.  The company announces that the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has confirmed its Plan of Reorganization.  
 Cumulus Media says it expects to emerge from Chapter 11 before the end of the quarter, after the conditions to the Plan are satisfied. 

May 11, 2018 5:26 PM  #35

Cumulus Gets ‘Go-Ahead’ from Bankruptcy Court.  Filed yesterday in United States District Court in the Southern District of New York is the Confirmation of Cumulus Media’s First Amended Joint Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization.  The filing allows Cumulus to proceed with its plan to exit bankruptcy protection and eliminate about half of its $2 billion in debt.

May 16, 2018 5:39 PM  #36

Cumulus Reports 2018 Q1 Net Revenue Flat.  Net revenue for the first quarter of 2018 was $263.7 million, a slight dip of 0.1% from the same period in 2017.  Cumulus Media is working through its Plan for Reorganization and expects to emerge from Chapter 11 by the end of this year’s second quarter.  The first quarter financial report also notes that Cumulus narrowed its loss.  The 2018 Q1 net loss was $5 million, compared to $7.3 million a year ago.  

June 1, 2018 6:39 PM  #37

iHeart Bankruptcy: San Antonio's Radio Giant Aims to Pay Bonuses to Execs, Hold Out On Artists
Has anybody on RB commented on this?  Has anybody on RB have been permitted to talk about this? Remember this the next time somebody on RB talks about the executives at Hydro None.
https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2018/05/24/iheart-bankruptcy-san-antonios-radio-giant-aims-to-pay-bonuses-to-execs-hold-out-on-artists

June 21, 2018 6:46 PM  #38

IHeart Open to Takeover Talks Ever After Rebuffing Liberty’s $1.8 Billion Offer

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-21/iheart-rejects-liberty-bid-of-1-16-billion-other-talks-ongoing
IHeart’s Redacted Bankruptcy Documents Draw Criticism
Radio broadcaster paid millions to unnamed ‘talent’ as chapter 11 neared  (I don't think that 'unnamed' talent is Jim Richards.)

Last edited by Exidor (June 21, 2018 6:46 PM)

July 6, 2018 5:17 PM  #39

Report: PE Firm Silver Lake Partners Interested in iHeartMedia.  According to a report in the New York Post, private equity firm Silver Lake Partners is interested in buying iHeartMedia when it emerges from Chapter 11 reorganization. iHeartMedia is expected to exit Chapter 11 in October with a reduced debt load of $10 billion – down from the current $20 billion.  The report says Silver Lake is in talks about the purchase with iHM’s creditors, who will own the company upon bankruptcy protection exit.  The report adds that leading creditors believe iHeartMedia is worth between $12 billion and $15 billion.

Last edited by Exidor (July 6, 2018 5:18 PM)

October 26, 2018 7:11 PM  #40

iHeartMedia Seeks Exclusivity Extension. The company is asking the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Houston for more time in the exclusivity window – the period during which only it can submit reorganization plans – because it says it’s making progress after successfully negotiating with a “vast majority of creditors.”  iHeartMedia’s current exclusivity window expires on November 24 but would like the court to give it until February 7 of next year.  The company says it is seeking “a further extension to ensure that the Debtors can build upon the substantial progress made to date without distraction from other competing plans.”  The company further states that although this Fifth Amended Plan has not been confirmed, it and its advisers are “diligently working toward the Confirmation Hearing on December 11, 2018 and are currently in the midst of the solicitation process.”  This means it’s likely that iHeartMedia will not exit Chapter 11 until sometime in early 2019.

Board footera