Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2018 10:23 PM  #1

Magic 106.1 - Magic Mornings

So what's going on at Magic? Lisa Richards is gone from the website and in her place something is coming August 20th. Her Twitter still lists her as morning host at Magic, but a post of hers indicates change is coming. I think she is presently on vacation.

August 20, 2018 6:31 PM  #2

Re: Magic 106.1 - Magic Mornings

So now we know. The Breakfast Club with Lisa (Richards) & Rob (Daniels).  

December 11, 2018 10:37 PM  #3

Rob Daniels was at Magic for two months and then gone and Lisa was solo again. Recently Brad Hulme-Magic's PD/MD/PM drive co-hosted the morning show with Lisa, I think for two weeks and he was followed by someone else whose name I never learned and who was awful, but he is also gone. Anybody know what they are doing? Trying to find a co-host for Lisa? Former PD Kevin Kelly co-hosted with Lisa for years until his unexplained exit. But, does she need a co-host? So far, they just seem to be in the way.

December 12, 2018 5:51 PM  #4

"he was followed by someone else whose name I never learned and who was awful, but he is also gone". 

Sorry, actually he isn't. He, or someone, was on this morning. Still don't know who - I don't listen that much, obviously, but while I was listening and in previous times I have heard him, he talks over Lisa, among other things. Guess I shouldn't care. I actually listen to CJOY more than Magic.

I thought Rob Daniels would work out but it apparently didn't. He is currently doing a short term fill in at 105.3 Virgin Radio in K-W.

Board footera