Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2019 4:53 PM  #1

The Worst A Man Can Get

This morning circa 08:39, Mary Tyler Moore in the morning attempted to attack white conservatives for their 'profiling' of minorities by using the Gillette ad and asking how does it feel to be profiled.  Mary unwittingly acknowledged that Gillette was guilty of profiling white men.   Tomorrow on CBC Ontario Today, the Gillette backlash.

Mary has a habit of trying to attack Trump and conservatives by stretching the truth.  Last month he claimed the Trump economy isn't  doing as well as expected because  the profits corporations are making are not converting into higher wages for their employees.  Unfortunately for Ms. Mary, his partner in crime Lisa Laphlegm later that day cited the day's release of U.S. economic data and claimed that wages were going up, but there has to be a downside of coarse with Lisa, wait for it; wages are going up too high - causing inflation, thus higher interest rates and we're all going to die thanks to Trump's economic plan - we were better of with President Obama and his mere 2% annual growth.  https://money.cnn.com/gallery/news/economy/2017/01/06/obama-economy-10-charts-final/3.html 

Question for any body who works with Mary, have you ever seen his 'partner' he often mentions?

January 16, 2019 5:07 PM  #2

Re: The Worst A Man Can Get

http://fortune.com/video/2019/01/15/watch-gillettes-the-best-men-can-be-commercial/

This ad sounded bad on the radio, but it's even worse watching it.  What's with the barbecues?
Did Proctor and Gamble ever have a concern advertising on Married...With Children?

January 16, 2019 5:24 PM  #3

Note the two second scene at 0:37 in this old Gillette ad.  Looks like sexual harassment.  Any hypocrisy?
https://youtu.be/mgzHu3pxgG8

January 16, 2019 5:26 PM  #4

January 16, 2019 5:38 PM  #5

January 17, 2019 7:10 PM  #6

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/more-news/228668/preditors-chris-hansen-arrested-bad-checks/
I wish there were cameras rolling when this happened.

pound sign Real men don't use Jillette, the worst an ad can get.

January 29, 2019 12:27 AM  #7

Ah, so this is where the cynical, bitter Earl Cowan's come to talk to themselves.

How many Ford Nation pins & MAGA hats are in your collection?

I haven't visited here in a long time; no need to return.

February 1, 2019 6:03 PM  #8

The way I figger, everybody from  Gillette went out after work the night the ad dropped and got drunk.  Their toast? "Success! We got them talkin'!"

February 1, 2019 7:30 PM  #9

A lot of people talked about the Pets.com ad after the 2000 Super Bowl  ...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pets.com

Schick has joined in on the act as well...   https://www.commdiginews.com/business-2/schick-gillette-toxic-feminism-112143/

February 1, 2019 9:39 PM  #10

g121 wrote:

Ah, so this is where the cynical, bitter Earl Cowan's come to talk to themselves.
How many Ford Nation pins & MAGA hats are in your collection?
I haven't visited here in a long time; no need to return.

Pretty much how I feel.  With all of the "Mary Tyler Moore" comments and pro-Trump crap here, this board has lost any reason to exist.  It was way better when Irvine was here.  But in any case, there is nothing here mentioning KW or Hamilton Radio anymore.  Where are questions about CHYM or K-Lite or CHML?  It just seems to be the Exidor right-wing board.

Last edited by Jody Thornton (February 1, 2019 9:39 PM)

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

February 1, 2019 10:34 PM  #11

Jody, that's unfair.

No offense, but if I may, I haven't seen you post anything postive in quite a while... if ever. Just sayin'

Last edited by Mike (February 1, 2019 10:38 PM)

February 2, 2019 11:25 AM  #12

Mike wrote:

Jody, that's unfair.

No offense, but if I may, I haven't seen you post anything postive in quite a while... if ever. Just sayin'

No it's not unfair.  There's nothing but politics here (and I'm sorry but it's all right wing.  You can think how you like, but that's not what this board is for).   So then to answer your second question, what is here to inspire me to post at all?  By the way, no sense singling me out for not posting, many MANY others have not as well.

Just Sayin'

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

February 2, 2019 3:41 PM  #13

You misunderstood me, twice.

First of all my post, "The way I figger, everybody from  Gillette went out after work the night the ad dropped and got drunk.  Their toast? 'Success! We got them talkin'!'" was meant to refute previous comments about the Gillette ad. If the purpose of advertising is to draw attention to your product, the ad was an unqualified success. Yes, some people took issue with it. Gillette knew that going in and went with the campaign anyway.I say bravo Gillette! 

Secondly, I did not mean to single you out for not posting. I said you haven't posted anything positive in quite a while  which is no sin, but even if you ARE sinless I thought it was unfair to cast stones.

What I also thought was unfair and I still do  was labeling me as a MAGA hat wearing right winger. I'm not, and as insipid as they may be, my posts prove it.

Peace, Jody. BTW, I'm a fan.

February 7, 2019 7:06 PM  #14

Who's replacing Joyless Behar on the View?
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/07/photo-of-joy-behar-dressed-as-beautiful-african-woman-resurfaces/

Didn't Mary Moore in the Morning say he had Democrat relatives in the great state of Virginy?  Did she every go out in black face?  

February 7, 2019 7:45 PM  #15

February 7, 2019 8:15 PM  #16

February 10, 2019 9:28 AM  #17

Mike wrote:

You misunderstood me, twice.

First of all my post, "The way I figger, everybody from  Gillette went out after work the night the ad dropped and got drunk.  Their toast? 'Success! We got them talkin'!'" was meant to refute previous comments about the Gillette ad. If the purpose of advertising is to draw attention to your product, the ad was an unqualified success. Yes, some people took issue with it. Gillette knew that going in and went with the campaign anyway.I say bravo Gillette! 

Secondly, I did not mean to single you out for not posting. I said you haven't posted anything positive in quite a while  which is no sin, but even if you ARE sinless I thought it was unfair to cast stones.

What I also thought was unfair and I still do  was labeling me as a MAGA hat wearing right winger. I'm not, and as insipid as they may be, my posts prove it.

Peace, Jody. BTW, I'm a fan.

Hey Mike:

It's all good.  It wasn't you I was labeling.    I'll leave it at that.  No hard feelings I hope. 

Cheers,
Jody

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

February 11, 2019 5:28 PM  #18

Apology accepted Mr. Thornton.

Now back to the subject at hand...the worse a man can get runner up, Chuck Gurney, on twitter said "I'm for real now! Whoo hoo! I admit that I am bored this morning, though. First time I've been "at liberty" in 12 years".   

And a few more pictures of interest.  Lester Holt in white face.  https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/10/30/lester-holt-dressed-as-susan-boyle-photo-puts-self-righteous-nbc-in-bad-spot-after-megyn-kelly-boot-688696

And this video of Alan Park as Barack Obama.  https://youtu.be/yVboJZfPUcQ

February 12, 2019 7:15 PM  #19

Exidor wrote:

Apology accepted Mr. Thornton.

Hmmmm - I don't think so - but you do live in your own world on this forum, so have at it.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

February 14, 2019 12:09 PM  #20

Eldon wrote:

Wonderful to learn that this forum has had a recent blood transfusion; I haven't a clue what you're talking about, but still it is wonderful because when people are chatting they aren't likely shooting at each other.    Please don't shoot at Jody because I rely on his traffic reports every weekend.

eldon

Eldon, I'll hire you as my bodygaurd ....lol

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

February 15, 2019 6:02 PM  #21

# Stand With Jody

President Trump during this morning's press conference complemented Rush Limbaugh by saying he has the largest audience and that “He can speak for three hours without a phone call,” try doing that sometime. For three hours he speaks. He’s got one of the biggest audiences in the history of the world. I mean, this guy is unbelievable.” ... "Anybody can take phone calls, Hello".   

Last edited by Exidor (February 15, 2019 6:02 PM)

February 15, 2019 9:17 PM  #22

Rush delivers a sermon. A phone call would throw him off his cadence. I have heard him  take calls and he's not very good at handling them, imo.  There are many examples of men who delivered similar non-stop preaching to the converted.  Fidel Castro,  on the communist side. Rush and Hannity are on, shall we say, the other side. There's no difference. None of these people, past and present, left or right,  is on your side. They have an agenda. We are all being played. By both sides. It's very depressing if you think about it. So don't! lol

February 22, 2019 5:30 PM  #23

Well, isn't this ironic?  The best a man can get is a happy ending at Gillette stadium.  Toxic masculinity?
http://new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-charged-soliciting-prostitution-florida-spa

How disgusting!  Will he have to sell the team?

February 25, 2019 3:52 PM  #24

Eldon wrote:

Traffic is flowing well out of Wasaga Beach.     That's Wah-sah-gah Beach, as in Nottawasaga River and Nottawasaga Bay, and NOT Wah-say-gah Beach

Thanks Eldon.  Everyone who has ever mentioned it to me has always said Wasaga Beach as Wah-Say-Ga.  So I appreciate the correction.  apparently Torontonians (which I'm not one) say it as Wa-Say-Ga.  I'm from Stoney Creek.  Hamiltonians suffer from the same affliction.

I'll make sure that I say Was-Saw-Ga next time.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

March 2, 2019 10:29 PM  #25

DON'T DO IT JODY!!!

It's wah-say-gah beach... it always has been and those who say differently are poseurs!!!

March 3, 2019 3:10 PM  #26

Mike wrote:

DON'T DO IT JODY!!!
It's wah-say-gah beach... it always has been and those who say differently are poseurs!!!

For Real?  Wow!  I should give myself more credit.  Thanks Mike!

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

March 4, 2019 3:57 PM  #27

Actually what you might want to do is speak like ordinary people speak. You know, the people who listen to you. The ones you want to identify with you. Maybe it IS  pronounced to-mah-to, but hat's not what most people say,  and when YOU say it they think you're pretentious. The traditional pronunciation of short-lived is with a long "i".  Try saying THAT on the radio just once! 

March 5, 2019 1:20 AM  #28

Eldon wrote:

As a broadcast professional, you understand the importance of verification.    In this case you might want to contact fellow traffic consultant Cam Woolley who resides in Wah-sah-ga Beach

maybe check in with bayshore's CHGB Wasaga... oh wait.

anyway, as a 30 year resident of simcoe county, i vote for wa-say-ga. those who say wa-sah-ga are the same who say tor-ron-TO instead of toronna..  Spent many an hour at the DA-rd, not the da-RD.

such a silly thing, but at least this board is talking about something!!!

March 5, 2019 3:31 PM  #29

In that vein, Bucky, there's a Pierre Street in Windsor. The locals pronounce it Pee-ree. When you're a "broadcast professional" you better pronounce it Pee-ree too.   You can explain and argue 'til the end of days that it's  wrong and you will be right. But you will lose.

March 6, 2019 9:48 PM  #30

Eldon wrote:

bucky wrote:

maybe check in with bayshore's CHGB Wasaga... oh wait.     

With broadcast studios in Owen Sound and Collingwood (but not in Wah-sah-ga) it's probably not a reliable resource on this topic

um ya, that was meant as sarcasm.  thanks for picking up on that!

it's still Wah-say-ga

Board footera