Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2015 5:08 PM  #1

Missed Opportunity?

Since it's been so quiet here for so long...

I guess Charlotte is a nice enough name for a princess. But as I mentioned here a while ago,not in so many words, if the Royals had Radio consultants advising them they would have named her something like "Megan".  You know, so that she'd be more, like, relatable.   And her brother would have been Josh, or something. Kids named "George" get beat up at recess. I know. Right?

May 4, 2015 8:33 PM  #2

Re: Missed Opportunity?

Over on SOWNY the 2 guys who complain that contributors only talk about AM 640 and NewsTalk 1010 have spent the entire day talking about . . . you guessed it . . . 

May 4, 2015 9:19 PM  #3

I don't visit that site any more, so thanks for the update, Eldon. 

If they are indeed talking about the new Royal, then they are doing what just about everybody else in the First World is doing.

May 4, 2015 9:36 PM  #4

If they had real radio consultants, they would have named the kid something like "Coca-Cola!" imagine the "royal"-ties that would bring in, every time her name is mentioned on air. 

May 4, 2015 9:52 PM  #5

lol

Good one! 

May I suggest Royal Crown Cola might be ore apt?

May 6, 2015 9:55 PM  #6

@Eldon

I promise next week we'll start talking about Freddie Vette.  I mean, how "uncool" is a Vette? 

Rap music has been going downhill since B.I.G died.  

May 7, 2015 7:37 AM  #7

This being the Southern Winterbourne/West Montrose radio chat, keep topics local plse

May 7, 2015 9:52 AM  #8

With the advent of online streaming, "everything" is local Eldon. 

May 7, 2015 10:14 AM  #9

in Winterbourne & West Montrose a stream is where cows take a leak

May 7, 2015 9:32 PM  #10

farming runoff is a huge problem & often the cause of algae blooms in lakes.  I hope that's a topic on Freddie Vettes show...or at the least 1010 Toronto.  

May 8, 2015 4:41 AM  #11

Is a frequent topic here at Country 920 CKNX

May 11, 2015 9:58 AM  #12

And 920 is a fine radio station.  In the early days of my old IT career, I would work up there & drive long distances.  920 was quirky enough it was interesting to listen too.  

Board footera