Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2015 8:07 PM  #1

FM radio on Blackberry Leap

I recently had to get a Blackberry, so I chose the Leap (security reasons).  Anyway, the devices all come with a FM radio built in.  The Leap has a great radio.  You plug in headphones (antenna) and enable it.  It then proceeds to scan the entire radio dial & create a "button" for each station. It's a far superior choice for FM radio than the radio on the iPod.  It displays the songs as well.  

June 9, 2015 12:46 AM  #2

Re: FM radio on Blackberry Leap

I gather you had to get the Blackberry for other reasons. An FM only app. doesn't come across to me as a must have, killer app. since you can always turn on the radio to get the same with no drop-outs. I do wish Blackberry success and hope they'll find a way to capture a new niche in the marketplace with their products. 

June 9, 2015 7:30 AM  #3

Re: FM radio on Blackberry Leap

@dsgraham

Blackberry seems to have put it's focus on mobile security above all other things.  This is a wise choice.  Give me 1 hour of your time and I'll show you how easily I can steal information from a phone, even if you press the factory reset button.  BB is now about building a secure ecosystem that can be centrally managed.  Professionally, I snicker at companies with a BYOD policy.  

As for turning on the radio.  What radio?  The only radio I own is in my car.  I don't have a radio at home.  When I listen to the radio, I tune in through my TV and occassionally by streaming on a computer.  Many people no longer have a radio in their home, especially younger people.  Why would they?  

Regardless, the radio app on Blackberry is very good. Radio circuitry is built into all the common smart phones. You just have to activate it.  The reason it was never activated?  No demand.  

Board footera