Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2015 4:54 PM  #1

Check one... check two.

Is this thing on?

August 10, 2015 10:17 PM  #2

Re: Check one... check two.

Mike wrote:

Is this thing on?

I've been wondering the same thing.  Does anybody care about the major morning show shakeups in the area?

August 11, 2015 4:13 AM  #3

I sure would care if I lived in the area.  Alas, I'm out of signal range.  Is there any print media I could reference? 

August 11, 2015 8:02 PM  #4

Two recent morning show changes that I am aware of are:CHYM-Adele, Tara & Cash. Don't normally listen to CHYM but have tuned in the morning show out of curiosity and I would say they are doing well. Adele and Cash (Edge & Adele) co-hosted the Beat morning show a few years back so they are not new to each other. The change should not hurt CHYM. The KOOL 105.3 morning show, on the other hand, is really missing Jeff Lumby. One other change earlier this year had Laura Geddes replacing Sophie Moroz on the Beat Breakfast. No issues with that change. All good there..  

August 16, 2015 11:42 AM  #5

Hot lunch topic; see front page Fri, Aug 14 Waterloo Region Record

August 16, 2015 3:53 PM  #6

CDP -- is that article about Radio (because I can't find it), or is it a hot lunch topic in general?

August 16, 2015 5:21 PM  #7

On any given day you'll find one or two broadcast veterans there, reminiscing about the days when nubile young women collected Gary Megaffin, Jack Schoone and Ian Byers autographs

August 16, 2015 6:28 PM  #8

Jack Schoone and Ian Byers!???

You must be older than me... and that's saying something!

Ian Byers was the cheapest, wiliest sumbitch ever!  But what a teacher! I used to tell broadcast wannabes "go down to Newcastle, NB and if you can work with Ian Byers, you can work anywhere!" Of course no one ever did.  Shame. Instead of paying their dues, they sold insurance or something rather than pay a price for  living the dream.Mind you they've probably  been retired for 10 or 20 years with nice pensions  and were not left to the tender mercies of Corus, et al. But you know? I wouldn't have traded places with them  for anything. It was a great ride and I owe it to Ian Byers, The cheap bastard! lol

Thanks for triggering the memories.

Oh, btw, Jack Schoone was a god to me.

Last edited by Mike (August 16, 2015 6:32 PM)

Board footera