Southwestern Ontario Media Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2016 9:29 PM  #1

CHYM FM Announcer of the Year: 2007 & 2008

Perhaps I've found out why George really left CHYM.  It was because he missed out on Announcer of the Year to some guy called Rudy Gunn in 2007/2008.  You can see the mentions in his Linkedin  https://www.linkedin.com/in/rudy-gunn-22b0aa9b

Most interesting is that it appears this chap never actually worked at CHYM FM.  Or so it's not listed in his Linkedin. 

I mean, this is like Craig Fee winning the "Beiber Fan" of the year award.  Regardless Fee, I still love you. 

January 14, 2016 11:35 PM  #2

Re: CHYM FM Announcer of the Year: 2007 & 2008

That's an award from from Conestoga.
I won one in my first year, too.  

I do have to wonder just how relevant it is to put on your linkedin page, especially if you're trying to sell yourself as a financial planner?

January 15, 2016 2:18 PM  #3

Well it's presented in a manner that's presented as best announcer of the year..at the station. Further, he worked evenings at CJIQ.  That's impossible.  It's specialty programming.  

I just get a kick out of this whole Linkedin thing. It's often filled with bullshit, fake dates, etc.  I've seen guys in radio do that. But on the flip side I located a wanted criminal because he was stupid enough to create a LinkedIn & post where he worked.  That makes my job really easy.  Yeah, LE and Feds DO look at social media LOL.  #idiots. 

For those of you looking for me on it, sorry, you won't find me. If I was looking to be a victim of identity theft, I'd just post everything on my own domain.  

January 15, 2016 4:32 PM  #4

You're right.  It is misleading.    Don't know about the CJIQ thing.  He could very well have done some programming in the evenings, but again, he makes it sound like a paying gig which it certainly wasn't.

Somebody really needs to do something with the CJIQ website.  It's awful.

Board footera